Annual Service - what should be done?

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yammy 2001 2s 115hp going in for its annual service later this week (400 hours). I never tell the service place what to do, I simply assume they know these things. However, last year there was a carby problem which took 3 visits to sort out - they finally cleaned the carbies and problem sorted.

Should I tell them to do something like decarbon the motor or some other thing they may not do because it's not on their basic schedule?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Annual Service - what should be done?

ok, go by the dealer. ask to look at the 06 marine tech guide.
in that guide is a chart. the chart is divided into calander OR hours depending on WHICH comes first.
depending on most dealerships to do it is worse than playing blackjack blindfolded.
the fact it took 3 trips to solve a carb issue is concerning. takes all of 1.5 hours to do the carbs and fuel pump on that motor,less if I am in a bitchy mood.
remember when you assume you make an ASS of U and ME.

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Justintime .... thanks, very helpful
Rodbolt .... I HAVE to assume cause as a marine motor mechanic I make a wonderful IT company manager.

The iBoats sticky makes a big deal about decarbonising every 6 months. Is this necessary? Is it part of the scheduled service as it's not obvious to me?

JUSTINTIME

Captain

well yes u should de carb
do u use ring-free or another fuel additive?

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nah, no additives. Should I?

JUSTINTIME

Captain

i would
if u do not have the owners manual, u can download it from yamaha

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

JUSTINTIME said:
i would
if u do not have the owners manual, u can download it from yamaha

I can't find anything in the manual regarding fuel additives. Can you give me a clue which page this would be on? The download .pdf is a photocopy so not able to word search.