Anchor windlass and pulpit question

jmerc57

Cadet
I have a 1989 Monterey 2300 sx. This is a 23 foot with a cuddy cabin up front. The acess to the bow is either over the windshield or through the small hatch. Im thinking of setting up a windlasss and a small pulpit to make anchoring easier. There is a compartment in the bow of my boat that has a drain so Ide assume this is for an anchor line. Based on what I can see Im thinking I could cut a hole through the roof of the cuddy and mount the windlass right above, as far as the pulpit goes Ill probably have a buddy build it for me from S/S so I can make it that it fits my application perfectly. My question is what is required in the way of attaching / reinforcing the pulpit and windlass. Anyone with pics of some examples would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to rip the bow of the boat off the first time I hook the anchor good.

Attachments

• 2300sx.jpg
    2300sx.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anchor windlass and pulpit question

Thru bolt the pulpit and Windlass with 1/4-20 stainless bolts, washers and locknuts. Use backing plates inside the hull on both components, on the bolts for strength.