Aluminum 1977 Crestliner Rebuild Finally Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
If the conventional drain plug where you twist the T expanding the rubber to seal the opening, or the lever handle that rotates 90* to lock, you can install them from the outside and with that said, you can do what you want with the plug and not worry about inboard access.

Specs are on the Crestliner www and you can go to your year model and look up your model and get pertinent info. as they have every year listed from......way back...mine is a 2002 and there were a lot of models listed in prior years before I got to my year model.

The plug on my 2002 is non conventional as the plug is part of the assembly, everything is black plastic and is attached with a lanyard of plastic. I don't know where you would find such as I'm told Crestliner parts are hard to come by.....really funny as they are a very popular boat and have been building them at least since yours was built.

FYI, the transom is 0.125 5052-T6 high tensile aluminum. If push comes to shove you could just cut out the old one and adapt one to a new aluminum scab plate, install a rubber gasket between the scab and the transom and bolt it up.

You said your foam is already out. I looked at mine and it looked awful and I contemplated removing it but I cut off a section at the transom, figuring it was the easiest to be waterlogged....if "closed cell" foam was to waterlog after 17 years. Testing it in a sink full of water, it floated like a fall leaf blown across the lagoon by a soft breeze. So much for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.