alibaba.com?

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Anyone ever buy from here?
How does it work? The money exchange, shipping, customs, etc?
Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
I haven't and after seeing the different news reports about things going wrong not sure I will. I'm sure there is good things as well, bad news travels real fast. It is all from China and I'm just going to pass

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I almost exclusively shop online, but that is one company, I will not purchase anything from, based on one transaction with them.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Pity, some of those guys offer some great prices on boat engines.
Too good to be true prices, one guy quoted me $9,800 US for a Hyundai Seasall 250S(diesel) with Bravo 1 X .
$29,000 is a good price here in the US from a dealer.
Doing a little research I found that site is sort of like ebay, the good sellers are rated and "known", their prices
are believable and they will go with deferred payment, escrow or PayPal.
The guys with the super low prices are unknown and want money wired NOW.
But guys even get burned by gold rated sellers, should be no surprise I guess, as mentioned it is China.
Thanks for the reply's , nice to get opinions from trust worthy people.

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If I'm not mistaken, they ran a new story about them recently. The first story was how big they were growing and doing really well. Then the next news story weeks later, was they are sinking like a lead balloon now and it isn't pretty. I know most anything I do research on to buy, that link crops up in the list. But I refuse to hand over money to them for a host of reasons. But that is just me... JMHO!