Air conditioner on a Monticello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesf

Recruit
My air conditioner on a 2006 Monticello, loses it prime. Where is the bled located to purge the air. And is there an easier way to prime it ? The boat is in dry storage and that might be why I am losing the prime on the pump.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mike
Lets move this somewhere it'll get some foot traffic. Buried down here in the Doral forum it might not see much

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
You're talking about the seawater pump right....

There won't be a bleed point... The pump should be below water level and the hoses should be run such that there are no low loops to hold water...

If you do need to bleed it I would remove the water hose (coming from the pump) at the heat exchanger.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I suppose you could add a bleeder inline after the pump. Usually we just burp the line by undoing the clamp,and letting the air out.

JayTdy

Recruit
Mike,

I know it's been almost a year since you posted the question. I own a Monticello 2004; and also keep it in dry storage. I've been running the AC with a Honda EU2000 with great results. My ac's water pump has always primed after some cruising; (water forced through the sea water **** into the pump). Make sure that the seawater **** valve is OPEN in my case it's a yellow lever on the bilge's port side . If that doesn't work, the raw water filter is between the fuel tank and the engine right in front of the bilge pump (in my case) if you unscrew the clear cover of the filter (don't have to remove it) water pressure will start filling the round container. Once full, tighten the nut back up and voila; you should have the system primed.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Mike,

I know it's been almost a year since you posted the question. I own a Monticello 2004; and also keep it in dry storage. I've been running the AC with a Honda EU2000 with great results. My ac's water pump has always primed after some cruising; (water forced through the sea water **** into the pump). Make sure that the seawater **** valve is OPEN in my case it's a yellow lever on the bilge's port side . If that doesn't work, the raw water filter is between the fuel tank and the engine right in front of the bilge pump (in my case) if you unscrew the clear cover of the filter (don't have to remove it) water pressure will start filling the round container. Once full, tighten the nut back up and voila; you should have the system primed.

Thanks for the info. Now if Mike still visited..............

Saved for posterity and the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.