Aftermarket TNT for 70 Evinrude

wreckless

Seaman
I have a 1983 70 hp Rude that doesn't have electric TNT. I have some back problems and it is literally a pain raising the motor manually while on the boat. Has anyone ever installed an aftermarket TNT on an OMC outboard and if so where would be a good place to start looking for one?

imported_beck

Seaman
Re: Aftermarket TNT for 70 Evinrude

wreckless,

I had been checking a while for t/t add on for a 48 spl I had pre K. I finally purchased a larger flat boat and bought a cmc ptt mounted it on the Tims 16' flat 1 trial run than K sunk everything! :'( By the way the cmc ptt worked fine.

Well dug the boat out, boat was fine motor siezed, found a '81 70hp Johnson and swapped the engines. I contacted cmc and explained my concernes about using the old relays which were under water I though the relays would put added resistence/amps etc. on the tilt actuator. I then bought another wiring harness with the relays and switch. I figured and the cmc person agreed that the actuator should be ok as it is sealed and they test them with pressure before sending them out. I hooked everything up and low and beho it worked one time then nothing! :'( After checking further the internal overload was open.

I called the factory and even though they have a 12 mos warrenty, it was aprox 15 mos. by the time I got the boat together with everything that had happened. Well he spoke to someone and they decided they would replace the actuator with a overhauled one if I would pay s/h. He also added that it was unusual that the actuator had a problem as that they have less that a 1-2% failure rate or something to that effect.

I said all that to say this the bracked is built very sturdy and it was a breeze to dissemble even though it was under salt water for a couple of weeks. It's made with all. and s/s.

The bolt holes will match up should have no additional drilling.

I think you will be very satisfied if you go the cmc route as it is a quality product. d:)

mjames76

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Aftermarket TNT for 70 Evinrude

CMC with a 70 Evinrude
fs1800-popup002.jpg