after prop repair?

dy168

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello,<br /><br />I recently took my damaged prop back to the dealer for repair. Well, the dealer didn't do the actual repair work, instead, they sent it out to a prop shop to repair. It came back a few days later, everything looked fine, except the original lust and shine of the paint is gone because they have to repaint the whole prop. Now, everytime I take the boat out, the repainted paint just keeps chipping off. I touched it up a few times, but each time after I take the boat out, the paint comes off even a little bit more. So the area where there is no paint keeps getting bigger. The dealer said thats normal after they repainted the prop and all that. Is this true or did the prop shop do a lousy job?

Billnicole

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: after prop repair?

Yes its true don't drive your self crazy trying to keep paint on it.

walleyehed

Admiral

scuff the prop with scotch-brite, shoot some zinc chromate primer on it (just dust it with the primer)then paint again, but do 3-4 dust coats and let them dry, then do a final finish coat and it will stay much longer.<br />The factory finish can not be duplicated as most are a baked-on finish.

dy168

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OK, thanks guys! time for a stainless steel one! Any good internet site with good prop deal?

Ronald1

Seaman

I got a good deal on a Turbo from www.boatownersworld.com . Delivery was prompt. Too bad I-boats doesn't sell Percision Propeller products as this is were I got the advice (hint)! I can't wait to try this baby out! CT

TilliamWe

Banned

you might try propellersonline.com<br />Not sure if they have a lot of info on how to choose props, but they seems to have a lot of them & at pretty decent prices.