A restore coming to life

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: A restore coming to life

From a Pm

I have an 18ft. fiberglass ski boat that I would like to paint.I have read your post regarding the repainting of your boat (which I must say looks very nice on my "screen").There is one question that I have regarding the sanding between coats, you stress that you should sand before the paint "cures or sets up".How does one get rid of the "dust" and lose paint particles before applying the subsequent coats, did you use a "tack cloth" or some kind of solvent/cleaner and if so did it have any adverse effect on the paint coating itself?

I tried not to get to deep into method's.....for a reason i simply do not have the time to make a thourgh posting. But questions' can be quickly answered if they arise.

1. was to soak the garge floor with water.

2. hours later i would start with a Xylene wipe down....Acetone just doesnt get it.

3. wipe down with a tac cloth.

4. paint

5. sand within 24 hour's with 320 dry just lighty enough to dull the finish....and yes the paint is somewhat fresh but it flake's off....and makes for very easy work......take your time and make it easy it works just fine and if you call Interlux support they will as much tell you the same..Perfection dry's to a incredibley hard finish....hardest paint i have ever worked with.......Now why do that that to yourself......;)....making it harder than it should be....:cool: That is letting it dry to a hard finsih

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

It's in the genes but I just kept the good stuff, not the uber frenchy stuff!:p

Today would have been a great day for it, but alas, I was stuck pressure washing the house, getting ready to roll and tip it.:p

I am begining to believe you need a A@@ whoopin on a feild of honor.....I once knew a well seasoned boat guy called BOOM YA or something like that...Poor guy caved under the pressure...:D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

And now it is in the completed project forum.:)