A little red truck.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Improbability drive was fast,but with the cricket season starting, bistromatics with the help Slartibartfast blew right by it. Anyway I was most impressed with Arthur and Trillian forgetting to fall

Jeep Man

Commander
For all you newbies looking to pad your post count, if you don't recognize it, THIS IS THE THREAD!

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Improbability drive was fast,but with the cricket season starting, bistromatics with the help Slartibartfast blew right by it. Anyway I was most impressed with Arthur and Trillian forgetting to fall

I tried that once. Unfortunately I didn't forget how to fall....

For all you newbies looking to pad your post count, if you don't recognize it, THIS IS THE THREAD!

Count padding is strictly frowned upon, and we discourage it where possible. JM, you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting such activity! :rofl:

Sorry, that was a reference to an American game show called Jeopardy. No diss intended.

Got the reference, hence my reply... :D :D :D (we had our own version here ;))

Last edited:

Kiwi Phil

Commander
I don't know if any of you good people remember the topics in which a little red truck played a big role. The poster, who posted under the name Ray was banned because he was a bit too far on the far side. Me I just wonder if anybody else remembers the little red truck and if it ever did tow a boat.

I haven't been around for a long time, but decided to look in today and bingo!!

Do I remember Ray!!

I sort of enjoyed Ray. He can't have had anything to do in his life as he was always posting.
The pictures of his little red truck were pretty cool - for an Aussie anyway.
He posted a picture of his old sheila climbing over the well-side of the truck - all 1/4 ton go her, in real tight slacks. It was one hull-of-a-sight, I tell you.
I just couldn't help myself - I had to pass comment, and Ray got pretty excited with me.
He upset JB - bit like a thorn on the wrong side of JB's saddle. That's how I saw it anyway.
I recall another photo of his old sheila near a shower, and I remember thinking, 'there's no way she's getting in there'.
Anyway Ray got the bullet, then reappeared under another title, which was discovered, and he got a 2nd shot between the tuts. And that was it.
Got to give it to Ray tho. He was tek-savy enough to delete everything he was involved in here, so there was no records.Just memories like mine with no fact to back them up.

There was a real half-wit we had fun with. He had a real long call sign, Tecnosomething or Tecnonufin'. Spinner and me had a lot of fun with him. I miss the fun of those days.

Cheers
Phillip

achris

More fish than mountain goat
:facepalm:... Yeah, I remember him too... Was it Technostringray? There was also one by the name of Technostupeedo... I seems to remember crossing swords with a name like that a while back, but his post count is 0...

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Well,hello to you old kiwi fruit.If enough of us old dock chat warriors come out of the woodwork, we just might spice up this place with a few questionable threads. Just a small correction though. All of the i-boats forums history got accidentally deleted in an effort to fix a bug that had crept into the system. There was even an online question about how to punish the tech guy for this unforgivable sin.I remember reading ray's comments for while after he was banned.

Last edited:

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Could I have possibly fit the definition of 'drongo'.?...back in the day of course.:fear:

No boomy, Chris was on your side, I was the politically unacceptable one,but then again I also fooled you into thinking that I was an intellectual, so who knows....

Last edited:

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Well, I have only one thing to say.

SMALL.................BOAT................LOVER

:behindsofa: :laugh:

Jeep Man

Commander
Oh Great ! Now he'll be back without missing a beat.You'll recognize him with the lack of punctuation, use of capitals and misspelling of everything.

aspeck

Staff member
Ray was an interesting person. In to old farm equipment and crazy things. Somehow I got on his email list (he had 3 different emails that he would send emails to me with). He changed his user name quite often. Technowhateverfittheoccasion. His little red truck was crazy, as I think was he ...;)

rolmops

Vice Admiral
At the time I thought that Ray was very entertaining,now I know that he was very adhd

aspeck

Staff member
...and Ray is still monitoring the forum ... Just got an email from him!

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Wow!
It is good to know that he is alive.
This board had better get ready for a new member in the very near future.

aspeck

Staff member
Because of this thread, I have re-established contact with Ray and his new email address. That is actually pretty cool. And part of his love for vintage tractors is providing a website for exchange of parts for those tractors. I will not post the website for reasons of rules, but if you want to check it out it has something to do with tractortracer. There might be a www and a .com on either side ...

FLATHEAD

Commander
AH good old "Castaway Ray". The man with the sway bar on the chevy van that could out run a vette.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Well, I have only one thing to say.

SMALL.................BOAT................LOVER

:behindsofa: :laugh:

I've only been around here since 2007, but that guy was a trip-and-a-half. He sure could make everybody tear their hair out. Maybe that explains why I'm folically challenged.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
What this forum lacks today is the likes of Ray, et al! We need some real life and characters to spice up what this forum has become!

FLATHEAD

Commander
Boomyall a whole bunch of us left when it just got to be if you didnt think exactly like a couple of the mods you just got crap all the time. It wasnt fun anymore. Gauge Guy, Strat, OMC, Kenneth Brown, Tylerin, Kelton Crew, Scrapper RIP, and a handful of others kept in touch on a page dedicated to Lester AKA Spinnerbaitnut. Wouldnt it raise some eyebrows if that crew of pirates showed up here. I havent been here in a long time. Dont know why but the other day I came here and Saw Little red truck. Remember "Anchor on the ramp " Lol.