A Bad Aprils Fools Joke

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I have lost my sense of humor due to this........... :mad:

Tonight: Rain and snow likely before midnight, then snow. Low around 20. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. High near 34. East wind at 8 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: A Bad Aprils Fools Joke

And to think I was complaining about the thunderstorms and 69? we had yesterday :redface: Thanks for the perspective.

Hang in there, buddy. Your two weeks of Summer will be there before you know it :D

<<)))(((>>

rickryder

Commander

I feel your pain Bob! Same forecast for NJ.......

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Well at least our 10 day forecast shows it making it up into the 60's. I have an all day guided fishing trip scheduled for the 13th! Enough of this crap!

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

could be worse, our Apr fools joke is another reduction in workforce. Our weather hasn't been great either.

dozerII

Admiral

Hey at least you guys have had a chance to see your lawns, we may get to mow them in late June the way it is going this year.
Glen

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I have lost my sense of humor due to this........... :mad:

Tonight: Rain and snow likely before midnight, then snow. Low around 20. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. High near 34. East wind at 8 mph becoming north. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

I use to complain about the snow and cold.:confused::confused: Then I wised up and moved to a more hospitable climate. ;);):D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I might have mentioned this already, but, for a few nites this week we were making good ice! Temps were below zero. Forget about an early iceout. We're just hoping to have liquid for the opener, the first weekend in May............ Hang in there Bob. This too shall pass.......:)

Fly Rod

Commander

Here on the coast we are just going to get rain, go 20 miles inland and they are going to get 8-10 inches.

Bob_VT

Staff member

Well the part that aggravates me is that it will not last long but it will melt and cause flooding again............ AND next Saturday 9 April is the opening day for trout season....... we will have unusually high water... :( I will be lucky to be able to get near the stream and river banks.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'm with you Bob. Had enough of this crap. The man is saying 8"-15" for us tomorrow. Nice heavy stuff that doesn't snow blow well. Maybe I'll just go sit in my boat under the tarp with a couple of cold ones and start drilling rivits on that old decking.

sasto

Captain

I saw that on the news this morning, come on spring for you guys.

It's warm here today but the winds blowing into the marina are causing some damage. We have had 2 pilings break, one boat broke his lines, and mine recieved a good scratch on the bow rail. 20 foot wide boats in 22 foot wide slips.....things do happen.

Good luck Bob, your time is coming soon!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

The jet stream has now pulled north of us and spring has now sprung!

Melt snow melt.

P1000520.jpg

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not too worried about the forecast. I looked at the radar and it doesnt seem like that big of a deal. It seems when the weather men/women get all excited about a storm we end up not getting much. I worry when they dont make a big deal about it.

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class

im just annoyed because i wanted to glass in the transom this weekend that i just rebuilt. i do all my work outside so i need it to be dry. i wanna be able to put my boat in for the shad run and the striped bass that follow them up the Connecticut river. thats normally when the water hits 55. otherwise its shoulder to shoulder at the Holyoke dam and lines get tangled and people are a** holes.

why cant people fish and be cheery. a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. even if you dont catch anything its nice to be outside

Bob_VT

Staff member

Well since my yard only gets a glimpse of the sun due to my location ......... maybe I should just live with it ...... I have no choice :(

These shot's were taken this evening. The driveway is clear but the ground is still covered.

Attachments

• IMG00209-20110331-1827.jpg
    IMG00209-20110331-1827.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00210-20110331-1828.jpg
    IMG00210-20110331-1828.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG00211-20110331-1828.jpg
    IMG00211-20110331-1828.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 0

fishrdan

Admiral

Dang Bob, all that snow reminds me of when I grew up in WI.

I'm in the desert now... Supposed to be 92* tomorrow.

We are getting an arctic blast and it's plummeting to 66* on Sunday though :D