97 251 w/a, wheres the freshwater water pump

engine 9

Cadet
I can hear it, its on the port side mid ship, but no water coming out. Anybody know how to access the pump. Also why am I not getting any water. I can hear it running.
Thanks

Nowhere Fast

Recruit
Re: 97 251 w/a, wheres the freshwater water pump

to access factory water pump location you have to pull the big portside vertical panel insert in the helm area, just outboard of the passenger seat (with grab handle, drink holders, bins). Detach the passenger seat from its base first and set aside. There are a dozen or so perimeter screws and you should have a thin-blade putty knife or similar onhand to slide under the panel edges to break the bond of the factory sealant, and a new tube of sealant and alot of cleanup supplies to reseal upon re-installation (gotta keep all that "flotation foam" underneath dry). pump is mounted on a glass stringer down and aft, fun to reach for a big guy. the original pumps came with a strainer installed on the inlet--mine plugged up with plastic shards from the water tank--so what were the factory engineers thinking with this pump placement?