94 200hp xri merc missing!!!

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Howdy,I just bought a 93 barefoot Sanger with a 200hp merc.I got her home this weekend and sunday I was runnin her and blipping the throttle and on the 4 or 5th blip she started missing,Ive done comp check(114 to 119) checked spark and cleaned the fuel pump filter screen(it was completly pluged to the point the water wouldnt even flow thru it.Ive done all that and shes still missing.Now the previous owner hadnt taken the boat out for about a year and the fuel smells like crap( I know,I know,change it)but that wouldnt make it miss on 1 cyl would it?

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 94 200hp xri merc missing!!!

Well,spark plugs all firing.I also cleand all the plugs and ran her for a few minuts and the plugs all have some oil on them so doesnt that mean the injectors are all working? She seems to idle fine but anything off Idle sounds like shes missing on a few cylinders but she will rap up pretty quick with a blip of the throttle.Any ideas?Anybody?Anywhere? lol

Marathon Man

Cadet

Water in fuel can be fatal to your motor. I would do what you know you should do, drain the old, and get new fuel.
How do you know it's missing on just one cylinder?

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I drained about 15 gals of bad gas but didn't see any water in it.it sounds like more then 1 cylinder.I refer her up to about 1500rpm to make it miss and pulled off each plug wire 1 at a time but didn't notice a big change but there was a change on every cylinder and every plug is getting spark.I'm gona just replace the fuel,the filter,the seperator and the bulb and see where I'm at.