92 seadoo SP click and buzz at selenoid

Bill Collector

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I dug into my friend's ski and hit the starter. The electrical box was buzzing loudly and clicking. I opened the box and verified it's the selenoid clicking repeatedly when start button depressed. I cleaned all connections and they look really good. I reassembled and I checked for power going to it, through it and power is hitting the starter but the starter is not turning. Is it the selenoid? Ground? What's the next step?

Bill Collector

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 92 seadoo SP click and buzz at selenoid

By the way I also bypassed the selenoid with the ole screw driver trick and the starter did not engage.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

most likely the starter, try turning the engine backward by hand and listen if the bendex releases, possibly it was stuck in the flywheel, also hit the side of the starter with a number 6 sea doo tool" a big hammer"while someone presses on the start key, hit the side hard if it starts working the brushes are probably worn, pull it apart and see, don't keep using it as it will ruin the armature, have new brushes put in if there is no damage.

fordworker

Seaman Apprentice

I know it is too obvious, but you never know. is the battery fully charged? a clicking starter is often a symptom of an undercharged battery. or a loose cable connection.