91 35 horse force lower unit

ddoby

Recruit
Can anyone help me find or guide me to parts or info on a lower unit for this motor? I am told that a 40 horse will fit also.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: 91 35 horse force lower unit

Are you just looking for parts or a manual also. Iboats here sells manuals Force Manual . Maybe you can post your model number and someone will give you a link to where you can get parts

ddoby

Recruit

Thanks, the model number is 358F91

ddoby

Recruit

How much normal wear would you expect to see on the backs of the gears where the shift dog engages? The surfaces on mine are barely worn but I don't know if that's too much or not. I was surprised by what I saw when the boat dealer wanted to replace all the parts for around 400 dollars. I might be wrong but the edges of the dog and the gear backs show only about 1/16 of an inch of roundness. Looks good to me???

WhiteHorse

Seaman

If I had your boat in my shop and had completely disassembled the lower unit already, I would probably advise you to replace the gears too. Just because we are in there, and there is wear. If he puts it back together with your old gears and it shears teeth, etc. about a month later, wouldn't you be a little irritated with him? <br /> It's a catch 22 situation for the mechanic.