90' Johnson 115 v4 VRO 20s horn warning

hunt-fish.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My motor just started this warning horn. It makes the rapid pulsed horn sound, stops and then repeats. Manual says no oil to the injector pump. The tank is full and the bulb is firm. Also, the motor dies if I try to move the throttle from idle to fast while in gear on the lake. If I press the key choke while moving the throttle forward it powers up to full speed with no problem. Works fine on the motor flusher.<br /><br />TIA, http://www.hunt-fish.com

Big Four

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 90' Johnson 115 v4 VRO 20s horn warning

Did it ever dawn on you that maybe the alarm is tell you theres no oil getting to the engine?? Why would you nurse it up to full throttle after the no oil alarm went off?? Works fine on the flusher cause there's no load on the engine.<br /><br /> Couple possible causes could be air in the oil line, a kinked oil line, the filter in the oil tank clogged, or the oil side of the VRO is shot. It's also possible theres a restriction in the fuel line, but this would make it pull more oil. It could also be why she won't run up the rpm.

hunt-fish.com

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 90' Johnson 115 v4 VRO 20s horn warning

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The bogging down problem has benn going on for a while. I never ran it up after the warning horn. However, the warning horn went off while trolling at about 1100 RPMs. I shut the motor off. Checked the manual. Kept it below 1700 RPMs and made my way back to the dock. The horn sounded again and I shutdown again. Waited then started again. I have since run it on the hose looked at the sight glass checked the hoses for clamps, kinks etc. Nothing obvious. Motor starts and runs great otherwise.<br /><br />Thanks.