9 yrs

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
well after 9 yrs ( 2004 2302 ) my maserator in my port fish box finally took a dump. Just found out this morning. I hope its not gonna be a bugger to replace. I really cant complain, my Trophy has been extremly inexpensive when it comes to fixing and replacing parts. Not much has had to be done! Has any one had the pleasure of doing so on the same yr vessel? Oh well, Love my Trophy!

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 9 yrs

Hi Frankie,

I have replaced the starboard one on my 2001 year 2002WA. I had to remove the battery (#2) and the scupper drain hose. It was a pain trying to get the hose dissconnected. The motor it self was fairly easy to get out and replace. You may be able to reach the port side easier. Try and get a pump motor with the same gpm as the origional, I could only find one at the time with a lower gpm, just takes longer to pump the water out.

On a side note, I ended up putting a float switch in the starboard fishwell so it will automatically pump out the rain water. I keep mine moored in a slip from may-oct, and hated walking out on the dock and seeing it lisping from the rain water

John

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the reply. Its been a wet week here in Cape Coral Fl. Hope to get in the boat and see if I could reach down there and feel the pump. my batteries aren't located back there so maybe it will be easier, just my battery switch, my batteries are located in the large hatch between the helm set and passenger seat. Ill give a post when I find out , for a change I have the week end off and hopfully the rain will stop so I can get on board and find out

goggy.c

Cadet

John, how about posting photos and equiptment particulars on your float switch set-up.

JohnNJ

Seaman Apprentice

I will probably be down at the boat wednesday, I will take a picture. I drilled a small home thru the back of the fishwell, I think it had 3 wires, 1 pos (bat+) 1 Neg (bat-) 1- to the pump + side, this way it will work automatic and with the switch on the helm.