89 200 no spark

Ok heres the problem i have a 89 V6 vro 200 evinrude that had no spark when i got it.Replaced the power pack still had no spark got the omc manual and ohmed out all the components the stator checked out good was alittle low but the guys at the boat shop said it was ok.Found out that the trigger coil had a dead short.Got a used one and checked out fine.Well i slapped that on and put everything back together when i checked for spark i had on the left side at all cylinders(i think thats the 2 4 6 cylinders.Well when i checked the(1 3 5 the right) i got a quick weak spark and never seen it again i went thro the book and tried everything that the book said and still nothing.I was thinkin that maybe that the trigger coil that i got was not for a loop unit and maybe that would be the problem.I hate to go out and buy more parts that i really dont need.If anyone could help me i would really appricete it.Or if u can point me in the right direction that would be great to..Help im really feed up with this .. <br /> Thanks<br /> Jay<br /> :confused:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 89 200 no spark

If youre missing spark on the starboard side, check the shift interrupter for correct adjustment. Better yet unhook it from the system and check spark. Do not attempt to start it. With the interrupter unhooked and it works, that side may not shut off.

i checked all off that and it checked out i even disconnected that and still nothin on the right side

Im still pretty lost if anyone has any clue what it might b please help a brother out ..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks but i think im just going to buy a new trigger coil(time base) thats all i can come up with i hope it that cause i hate to sink money i to parts i dont need

dolluper

Captain

Hows the grounds on the switch box maybe worth a peek sorry wrong motor I was thinking Merc

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Pineypowerwpww:<br /> Thanks but i think im just going to buy a new trigger coil(time base) thats all i can come up with i hope it that cause i hate to sink money i to parts i dont need
Without the manual and the correct tools and test equipment, you are only guessing and replacing parts until it works again.<br /><br />The timer base is one of the more reliable parts that rarely fails. The pack and/or stator is a more likely cuprit, as is the boat wiring, key switch, kill switch, engine harness, shift switch, etc.

i got the omc manual and the time base was dead shorted i read alittle bit more in the manual and found out to disconect the yellow and read wire off the selinod i did that and got get spark to both sides now thanks for the great help i guess