88 Force 125 Tilt/Trim valve rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRitt

Captain
Re: 88 Force 125 Tilt/Trim valve rebuild?

make sure c clip is secure and made of stainless steel. if a c clip does pop out then run to back of boat really fast so that you can watch your $200 sink to bottom of lake.

Diesel64

Recruit
Re: 88 Force 125 Tilt/Trim valve rebuild?

Why pay 150.00 for pump, when 99.9% of the time the leak down is only caused by a 4.00 seal. Any good mechanic should be able to disassemble and reassemble these pump. Search this board for number of DIYs that are repairing these pumps with a little help from this board.
Hello Im new to site and have a 88 Chrysler force 1254x8a outbord power trim hydraulic pump that I found there is a missing spring someone else had already been in it before I got the boat Only had it about 2 months and already ordered seal kit for trim/tilt and had to replace the motor because full of fluid from where the motor had gotten loose at some time and Wallowed out hole in resivore so that bushing and seal would not stay in place so got a new motor with resivore but I ran across a picture of where you had brake down of power trim hydraulic pump inside showing where all the springs and balls go back in but now can't find it would it be possible to get a copy of that picture please and another question ive see where you talk about going back to stickpads just where or how do I find them Like I said new to site don't know my way around yet lol Ive been a automotive diesel and heavy equipment field mechanic for over 35 years until had about 1500 pounds fall on me not by choice trust me lol but thanks to good lord im still around and not in a wheelchair but anyway would really appreciate the help and thank you for your time.

MOD EDIT: Welcome to iBoats. Please review the forum rules, particularly the one about posting to old threads. This one has been dormant for over 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.