'87 Larson DC175

Knorske

Cadet
My '87 Larson DC175 has NO interior (other than the bow seats, which are almost not there). Does anyone have a source or link to drawings (details of build) of what the boat looked like coming off the production line? One poster suggested I just start from scratch and make the boat whatever I wish.

I do intend to refurbish to my own design, but I would like to start knowing what (therefore, probably) will work and fit.

Upon contacting Larson, I discovered they apparently have no such resources (??).

Thank you!

(Yes. I'm REALLY new to boating.)

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: '87 Larson DC175

Picture_005.jpg

This is a 1987 Larson DC175 ^^^ Link to the ad

Do a google search for 1987 Larson DC175 and then click the Google tab for images.

There are LOTS of pix, some may not be a 1987 Larson DC175, but a bunch of them probably are. Sales ads should have additional photos.

Not dimensioned, but you'd need to have an 87 Larson owner swing thru your thread to get actual dimensions & etc.

Fold out seats shouldn't be a problem to find ones that WILL fit, even if they are slightly different then original. If you are equipped to, you can make the seat frame work & stitch the upholstery yourself. Many have.

Welcome to the iboats dry dock, good luck w/ your project & get us some pix of what you're working on

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I have some really good plans on how to make your own Back to Back Fold Down Seats and Bases as well as this link on how to make your own Bench Seat."Building and Upholstering a Bench Seat"
Doing your own upholstery is really not all that difficult and you can find some heavy duty sewing machines online for not much money. You'll get lot's of help here on the forum if you decide to try and DIY your interior.:)

Knorske

Cadet

Wood...

I have been reading your linked posts. Yikes! What great work!! I'm trying to decide if you're a photographer who part-times on boats, an "old salt" who likes cameras, or...? With all the work you've shown, you must not devote much time to anything else.

Do you have any suggestions about how to refurbish the hull sides? All the photos I've managed to find show designs which include pouches/recesses, speakers, cup holders, etc. I presume these must have some relatively sturdy backing, and, perhaps, some intricate construction "tricks" to form the depth, as well.

Thank you--for your comments and your information-packed postings!