87 115 I6 fuel / carb issues

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I think I may have a fuel / fuel pump / carb issue. There are a couple of things going on that may or may not be related. Its hard starting, the best way to get it started seems to be to push the throttle almost all the way forward, then choke it. When it starts it takes it a second to wind up. It doesn't want to even try to start with the throttle at idle position. When I firs got it earlier this year it would fire off without any throttle, it was 50 degrees colder then....not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also I have noticed that WOT has crept down from 5K to 4K this weekend then back up to 5K.... It seems to be random, sometimes it will run better than other times. I noticed last weekend while cruising about 3K sometimes the motor would just wind up 300 or 400 RPM without a change in the throttle setting. It is idling about 1000 out of gear and 700 in gear, but I have a problem with it dying when shifting into gear after it warms up. Anyone have any ideas? It has new plugs, tanks, fuel filter, fuel lines and bulbs.

blazer01

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 87 115 I6 fuel / carb issues

my 200 merc did that earlier this year..rebuilt carbs and poof problem was gone