85 hp yamaha 2 stroke not cranking when cold out side.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I do not know where you live but Never Ethanol gas in any small engine it can screw up the carburetor in as little as three months.
People’s Republic of Maryland..under Statewide EPA E10 mandate since 2000. Closest source of E0 is over an 1.5 hours each away.

I maintain a large property. String Trimmer, pole saw, blowers, chain saws, generator, pressure washer, a 12hp garden tractor, a 31HP zero turn and two diesel tractors.

Twenty-fourth year under EPA mandate. How much longer do I have before I start having fuel problems?

To be fair, I did have to replace the fuel pump on the garden tractor a few years back. Sat almost 4 years without stabiler in the tank.

airshot

Rear Admiral
LOL Looks have nothing to do with it! My friend who owns the hardware store on the North side Loves Ethanol! His lawnmower, snow blower etc repair shop says if it wasn't for the stupid homeowners using it they would be out of business. I don't buy or use it except in my car or pickup so I would not know about Bad Gas. Never in a small engine. Been doing this for a long time as I posted above, never and issue... Just one of many sources I found online to educate yourself > https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...ethanol-can-make-small-engines-fail/index.htm
You claim looks have nothing to do with it ??? Where have you been, anyone that has been around gasoline knows it turns color when it goes bad. I am 74, up until a few years ago, I did small engine repair, for 30 years. Most that came in with problems blamed E10 after it came out. But in reality it turned out it was where they were buying their fuel !! Switch stations and 95% of the problems went away.

wmgeorge

Seaman
OK folks you continue to keep using E10 in small engines without treating the gas and I will continue to use Top Tier non-Ethanol in mine. Even my farmer friends know better, one goes to town and fills his gas cans and tanks with premium non Ethanol gas for use in his small equipment and gas tractors. Yeah bad gas smells funny never noticed any difference in appearance. So no more posts from me on this, just keep doing what your doing.

airshot

Rear Admiral
OK folks you continue to keep using E10 in small engines without treating the gas and I will continue to use Top Tier non-Ethanol in mine. Even my farmer friends know better, one goes to town and fills his gas cans and tanks with premium non Ethanol gas for use in his small equipment and gas tractors. Yeah bad gas smells funny never noticed any difference in appearance. So no more posts from me on this, just keep doing what your doing.
We are, why would we stop a sure thing ??

msd58

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has spark
I have the same motor but its a 90. After watching your video Sounds like its. cranking, turning over, starting and then stalling out. Try running a separate fuel tank with fresh gas and see what happens.