84 Days Without a Fish

dwco5051

Commander
Was just updating my boat maintenance record today and realized that Oct 17th was the last day I was able to have my boat out and that was 84 days ago. Thought maybe I could turn my losing battles with Lady Luck last year into a book.

The story would start out like this;

He was an old man who fished alone in a small Crestliner on Sayers Reservoir and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish.

Won’t call my mishaps bad luck but maybe instead the Spanish word Salao would add intrigue to the story. Instead of a plain name like Dave I will change my name to Santiago which sounds a lot sexier. The young apprentice fisherman who’s family says that I am bad luck and they tell him not to fish with me I will refer to as Manolin because once again it is a lot sexier than Aspeck.

I let my wife see the first paragraph and she said I should change Sayers to maybe Cuba in a skiff once again for the same reasons as above.

Anybody out there think maybe I am onto something

aspeck

Staff member
Hey, this is sounding good. When you eventually hook a crappie or perch, how big will that sucker be?!?! Oh wait … will that ever happen?😂🤣🤪😛😝

Or, are you hooking a Muskie or a Catfish on your ultralight???

dwco5051

Commander
Hey, this is sounding good. When you eventually hook a crappie or perch, how big will that sucker be?!?! Oh wait … will that ever happen?😂🤣🤪😛😝

Or, are you hooking a Muskie or a Catfish on your ultralight???
I was thinking the ending would be that I would hook a twenty inch crappie fishing through the ice and just when I almost pulled it in a muskie came and ate it. It is all the stuff between the beginning and the conclusion that may take some time to write.

southkogs

Staff member
Epic. I'd like to reserve my autographed copy, please.

dwco5051

Commander
Epic. I'd like to reserve my autographed copy, please.
Already one book sold. This is so easy I think I will write poetry next. I will write a long poem about how Art, I mean Manolin, gets so old that he is almost ancient and realizes he was responsible for whatever bad luck came to the Crestliner. He will have to spend eternity traveling to every town and hamlet in Central Pennsylvania retelling the story to everyone he meets about the misfortunes that fell upon the Crestliner and its courageous captain.

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class
Already one book sold. This is so easy I think I will write poetry next. I will write a long poem about how Art, I mean Manolin, gets so old that he is almost ancient and realizes he was responsible for whatever bad luck came to the Crestliner. He will have to spend eternity traveling to every town and hamlet in Central Pennsylvania retelling the story to everyone he meets about the misfortunes that fell upon the Crestliner and its courageous captain.
I wasn't going for it at first, but the poetry at the end brought tears to my eyes.

aspeck

Staff member
I was not responsible for the bad luck … I only witnessed it! Maybe I need a good witness protection program!