82' Sea Ray Seville Flooring

joshuas33

Cadet
I have been working on a 1982 Sea Ray Seville for the past few months and I am getting closer to installing the new stringers and deck. What I do not know is if I am supposed to grind out the bottom hull and apply an epoxy of some sort before I put in the new deck. I ripped out all of the foam that was in the boat and do not intend on applying new foam but I do plan on installing a marine carpet into the boat. Any help would be much appreciated as I am a newbie and really have no idea what I am doing. The picture below shows what the boat looks like on the inside right now since I finished tearing everything out. I will be applying resin to the new deck and stringers to keep them from rotting out but need help on the hull. Thanks for your input.

IMG_2815 copy.jpg

britisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 82' Sea Ray Seville Flooring

There is a thread about Friscoboaters rebuild of a SR 220. It's a long thread and peppered with lots of pics and videos. He bought the BR and found that the floor was soft. He pulled the floor and found everything else was rotten too. He took his boat down to bare hull like yours and then rebuilt it. I bought a SR180 BR last year and ended up with the same issue and did exactly the same - a full rebuild. Friscoboaters thread was invaluable in helping me along and getting me through. Read it and you'll be good.

cr2k

Captain

Boats don't have floors, they have decks. FYI.

britisher

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boats don't have floors, they have decks. FYI.
Aye, Aye Captain. Bet you like that?
FYI Puke' is actually called vomit.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I would recommend you reinstall pourable foam. The idea is that if you should get swamped, that boat does this http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/063Small.jpg as opposed to sinking to the bottom like a rock. Personally, I'd rather have this to hold onto til help arrives + have something to salvage. Could save you thousands in environmental fines as well.