!8 hp model 3 issue.

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Morning all.
Before Christmas I picked upa 1961 ? fasttwin, and now I can get into the shop without serious danger of hypothermia I thought I;d take a look at it.When I checked the model # I came up with 18450 but when I compared that to my lists It did not occur so I just thought i'd toss it out to see if anyone can throw any light before I pester Bombardier.
Geoff69a1

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: !8 hp model 3 issue.

18450 does not compute. A 1961 Fastwin would be 15034.

EDIT: Um, I just noticed, you are in UK. That could be an European model. I have no lists for those.

Last edited:

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's right,that's what my list says,of course,it may not be a 61 at all,that's just what the bloke i got it from said and I rarely take much notice of that as they are hardly ever right. the mystery is that the plate looks 100% original with the brass rivets and all the right stuff and the # is clearly readable and yet the # doesn't seem to exist.I just wondered if it might have been some special purpose model that didn't make onto the list.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

What does it say on the tag under model number, for City of Manufacture?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Look for a core plug on the block and see what #'s you come up with.

racerone

Supreme Mariner

Perhaps the poster lived in the UK at one time !---Post a picture of this motor as that is the quickest way to identify it.

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm not in the UK,I am in Spokane WA. The core plug says it's a 15028 which makes it a 59.I imagine someone changed the bracket with the ID plate on it at some time but that still doesn't explain the odd #.
Why didn't I look at the core plug right away?I'm always telling everyone else to do that.Have a nice day all.