79 Searay SRV195 performance upgrades

79SRV195

Cadet
Re: 79 Searay SRV195 performance upgrades

A grand for all those parts is a smokin deal if they are new.

All of it brand spankin new in the boxes. A friend of a friend who was going to use the parts for his boat till somebody decided he didnt need the boat anymore and stole it

79SRV195

Cadet

Thanks to everybody for all the replies. There seems to be some difference of opinions on the points vs petronics vs delco est sestems. I have used petronics kits in a few older cars and have had good luck with all of them. The cars did seem to start a little better and seemed to have better response, but I was replacing old points when converting so they may not have been set properly to begin with. I did look into petronics about a year ago and didnt seem to find anything for the mallery distributor that i have. Also noticed the last time I changed the points the distributor shaft has quite a bit of play and my dwell does bounce around at higher rpm's. So I think it will be the Delco system for me

My next question is about the plumbing to the exhaust manifolds. All the engines I have seen with the center riser manifolds have a different thermostat housing than I have. Is this something i need to change or will mine work ok??

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Is there a reason you are going to change out the manifolds right away? I would do all your motor mods and then have the manifolds as the next stage.

79SRV195

Cadet

Is there a reason you are going to change out the manifolds right away? I would do all your motor mods and then have the manifolds as the next stage.

Why not change them out?? Have to take them off when doing the heads and I have the new ones, why do the work twice. Do it once and be done with it. I just want to try and have as much ready as possible so I can get in and do it.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Oh...I guess I missed the part where you already had them.