'79 Grady White

2manyboats

Seaman
Got rot. Transom rot. Dang. Anyone have experience with the method of transom replacement detailed by Rotdoctor.com? Don't know if I'm up to the challenge or expense. Done a good bit of work on her already-may just sell.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: '79 Grady White

I Always Loved the lines of a Grady,...........<br /><br />You've got All Winter,........<br /><br />Glue in a New Wooden Transom.............<br /><br />Atleast it Isn't a,..... Well,.. You Know,....... :D <br />Powered by a,....... Well,.. You Know,........... :D

2manyboats

Seaman

Yeah, looking at some of the projects discussed on this forum makes this project seem small by comparison. Guess I'll start some research...

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Probably worth the effort and expense if your looking to sell. From what I've heard Grady's tend to have a good resale value.<br /><br />Bondo, are you trying to be politically correct?<br /><br />QOUTE ["Atleast it Isn't a,..... Well,.. You Know,....... <br />Powered by a,....... Well,.. You Know,..........."] QOUTE<br /><br />lmao...

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

2manyboats,<br />I see your a member at shareaproject, for another boat. Assuming you've seen this, but maybe not:<br /><br />1961 Grady White<br /><br />Its a beauty!

reka12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What a beautify project they did. I think that in a prior thread regarding whether you would be uptight during the use of your restore project, I am not sure I would even move that GW out of the garage. I think I would get a chair, a beer and stare at it for hours!

2manyboats

Seaman

Yeah, that '61 is downright inspiring. The guy that did it is a finish carpenter, which helps, but the workmanship is beyond finish carpentry. Reka, I think all boat projects require a beer and stare chair, but the GW takes the cake!

reka12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks 2 Many with 2 Little Time! Good luck with your transom repair. My dad had a 21 Mako that had rot throughout. The transom was repaired using the pour-in-place method and the stringers and some other spots they used rotdoctor. I always love the GWs. Let us know how it goes. Mike

2manyboats

Seaman

Will do Mike. I'll get it posted on Shareaproject in the next few months (that "2 little time" thing). I need to get done w/ the aluminum project first. Just another few days of good weather...