79 Ambasidor

mikeallen

Recruit
Hi, I am working on my Ambasidor doing some interior work while the machine show is rebuilding the 460BBF I am spending quite a lot on the heads and I prchased a cam , Lanuiti.
I also got some new flappers as this is why I need a new engine.
Any information about the below water flappers will be arareciated.
Also considering some pour foam work any info also great.
Any sleekcraft hull info also would be great as I havedone some cutting and turned it into a bow-rider Mike

slf16

Cadet
Re: 79 Ambasidor

I have a 79 ambasidor, rebuilt it about 2 years ago and love my boat,started from bare hull and did it my way,504BBC,with kodiak offshore exshaust,4" out the back with stainless tips.worked pump myself,hydr diverter,cut out front and made a bowrider,captains chairs with bench sent large deck cover,I love this boat,everyone has too look at it all the time,runs 65 wot and has a 250ft rooster,pictures on the way.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Cool deal...post some pics as you restore!!!!!
that bowfrt conversion would be an awsome subject....walk thru bow frt etc...make some use of the "useless" bed up area up there.

not too many sleekcrafts in the iboats forums...so always a pleasure to welcome in another sleek builder to Iboats!!

ps for pics the best way is to resize em down to 640 pixels wide 72dpi and then post em on flickr or photobucket site and then you "link" the images into your thread (see the "INSERT IMAGE" icon of the mountain ABOVE below SMILIES, you click that and paste your link to that image in there and it will come up in your post..

Check my signature out project Jezabel 1981 23 ft sleekcraft executive
that were restoreing, ran outta money 80% thru the build...was hoping to do it in 2 weeks...now it been about 8 weeks :-( no chance of splashing it in warm weather till spring

Our boat was solid so no teardown to foam required and thought abouot a bowfrt conversion but wanna wait till we use her a few times to get to know her better before any surgury to her sleek hull :D

slf16

Cadet

Trying to post some pictures so you can get an ideal what it will look like.