' 76 Cobalt pics

jmoorepghpa

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here are the pics of my recently aquired '76 Cobalt you guys were asking for--I also threw in the "hobbies", "other toys" and "work" pics since I didn't post on those threads. Paid $1200 for the boat, the fish are my own little fan club and always happy to see me (because I have the food), a little woodcrafting for a creative outlet and work involves towing--just not boats. The truck is a '70 Chevy.
Pics are at url below---

http://picasaweb.google.com/jmoorepghpa/CobaltBoat?authkey=5LrM7WKbmmM

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: ' 76 Cobalt pics

i had a 69'GMC, like that. the best truck i ever had, totaled twice, got over 400,000 miles out of it, then gave it away, last i heard the guy was still using it as a work truck. nice boat too.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Wow JM! Very clean looking boat. It appears to be all original as well. You'll have fun with that.

jmoorepghpa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yep all original. I'm going to sand and refinish all the woodwork, replace the old diaphragm bilge pump with two new ones, install a new bilge blower, give it a transom service with bellows and all that good stuff, check all the wiring for good measure, throw in a water pump and give it a lower unit lube change and we should be off and running. That is the original upholstery and carpet..... the 3M vinyl cleaner and conditioner you guys recomended worked nicely. The controll cables are a little stiff and as cheap as they are I may just go ahead and replace them rather than mess around. I'm pretty pleased--- for a used boat, much less one 31 years old, there isn't a lot of work to do on it. The name "Sunshine" has got to go- for some reason that doesn't sit well with me.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I borrowed a little hand pump from my local I/O guru. You fill it with oil, attach a hose over one end of the cable and pump oil into the cable ways. It worked great. Made them like new cables. This, of course, is assuming that there is nothing basically wrong with them.

jmoorepghpa

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll give the oil a shot. I bet I could take a piece of brass, drill it through, tap one end to fit the cable and the other to fit the threaded tip of my pump type oil can. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Don't mess with trying to oil the cables...spend your time replacing them. Buy the Teleflex Xtreme ones.