'71 Starcraft '16 SS Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: '71 Starcraft '16 SS Rebuild

Good lord that boat looks AWESOME! Absolutely fantastic work. Let me know how much you want for a set of those sweet bow cushions :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

WOW!!!

That cedar looks incredible ........ the seats and bow cushions are great......... the steering wheel...........

I am really speechless on how nice that looks!!

Which holes did you use to mount the motor? If you used the top holes....... you need to remount and lift the motor to at least the 2nd hole ;) It is close to the optimum "x" dimension for proper performance.

bananaboater

Ensign

Love the way the cedar grain carries across the consoles. Nice touch. Looks really fine.

Huron Angler

Admiral

I agree with all the previous comments...VERY nice work.:)

Those seats and bow cushions look pretty comfy, I need some for my bow as well. That cedar looks perfect:D

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay, these next group of pictures pretty much wrap up the rebuild. I splashed her last week on vacation and she performed flawlessly. I will post the splash pics on the Starcraft page. A friend from work who is an electrician came over and we bent all the new bow rail with a conduit bender, took about 3 hours, but I think it turned out real well. Worked until 1 AM on the morning we left for vacation and got the GPS/Humminbird hooked up, speedo pitot installed and splashwell cover installed. I built two small brackets for the two snaps in the corners to attach to. Earlier in the week a neighbor helped me sew the splashwell cover and she has given me the courage to try my hand at doing better seat cusions this winter. There will still be a lot of little things that I will need to do, ie, stereo, vhf radio and rod holder, but for all intents and purposes she is done. I want to thank each and everyone of you on this forum who gave me ideas, encouragement and the desire to tackle this project. i couldn't have done it without you and I look forward to helping anyone out in any way I can.

DSCF3190.jpg

DSCF3189.jpg

DSCF3191.jpg

DSCF3187.jpg

Thanks, Darren

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here are a few more and a couple in the water!

DSCF3184.jpg

DSCF3188.jpg

DSCF3186.jpg

DSCF3220.jpg

DSCF3202.jpg

Thanks,
Darren

Huron Angler

Admiral

Congratulations Stratos...I think the boat looks great on the water. Glad to hear that the splash went so well, it looks like the crew enjoyed the SS:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Super awesome job at lightning speed too! Well done man, well done!

Cheers!

sprintst

Commander

Congratulations. That's some sweet work you've done there.

Enjoy my friend...

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks fantastic!...throw an ice chest in back and someone could sit on that..
instead of so much weight in the bow...again...great job:D
Hmmm... NC Tar Heels fan....

motorpsykler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beautiful job! You've got a really nice rig there now. I'll bet it turns many more heads than a new boat.

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks again to all you guys, if it were not for my stumbling across the "STARMADA", I would have never even tried to do this!

Darren

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looks absolutely fantastic! Glad it's performing well for you. Thanks for a well-documented top notch restore.

brobrad

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks Great, i had not had time to look for other threads. I wished i had followed along. You and i had the same idea on the cedar. All of your work is great. I'll be doing the same set up on the tanks until i land a used inboard tank. Have you had any bad experience with the Easypoxy as of yet?

Keep enjoying the family. That's what makes it worthwhile.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Wow Darren. I had last checked on you May 23rd and I can't believe your driving it now. Truly a great job and inspiration to us, well, at least me!:D Nice to see the whole family had a part in its resurection. And now since I am a smart A#$, did you really use a 2 x 4 to shim the fuel switch valve after all that innovation you did everywhere else? ;)
Permission to smack me up side the head when you see me:p

Triton II

Commander

Fantastic to see you and the family enjoying her so much. That's what boating's all about! Hats off to you Darren. :cool:

TII

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks Great, i had not had time to look for other threads. I wished i had followed along. You and i had the same idea on the cedar. All of your work is great. I'll be doing the same set up on the tanks until i land a used inboard tank. Have you had any bad experience with the Easypoxy as of yet?

Keep enjoying the family. That's what makes it worthwhile.

Thanks Bro,
No problem witht he Easypoxy as of yet, I was wondering if maybe the coats of Easypoxy Undercoat I put on before the topcoat is what is saving me. I know that I really hated working with the undercoat as it did not go smooth like the topcoat did and I had to sand a lot.

Darren

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow Darren. I had last checked on you May 23rd and I can't believe your driving it now. Truly a great job and inspiration to us, well, at least me!:D Nice to see the whole family had a part in its resurection. And now since I am a smart A#$, did you really use a 2 x 4 to shim the fuel switch valve after all that innovation you did everywhere else? ;)
Permission to smack me up side the head when you see me:p

No smack needed! ;) It is actually a piece of 5/4 decking board sealed with the last of my epoxy and painted with the Stone paint. It was down to crunch time and it was the easiest material I had on hand that I could countersink to make the valve sit flush in the splashwell. :redface: The family really did enjoy the week we spent at Gaston, I was able to pulle my nephews, their friends and my daughter on wakeboards, skis, tubes and kneeboards. At 25 she throws the perfect wake on a short rope for gettin good air! :eek:

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.