70el-79 and j70elcnb interchangabilty

PSL

Cadet
I have a chance to buy a complete j70elcnb for $150 (it has a cracked block) and was wondering what parts are interchangable from it to the <br />70el-79. Seeing as one is a 79 and the other is an 82 I would assume(cough cough!) that most parts are, however, this seems to be the place where someone always has the right answer so I figured I would post this question. I figure even if the cowl and prop would fit this would be a good investment (both are in mint shape) Thanks in advance to all who reply.<br /><br />BTW , the manual is not so clear or helpful for this question , but thanks to those who advised the purchase, well worth the money!

PSL

Cadet
Re: 70el-79 and j70elcnb interchangabilty

Forgot to mention , if this motor doesn't work out for me , if there is anyone in the Greater Victoria area (or willing to travel) I would be more then happy to pass along the sellers info!

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 70el-79 and j70elcnb interchangabilty

They're pretty much the same motor. I would think that it'd be well worth the cost. Just to have the spare ignition parts alone would be worth it. Not to mention a spare lower unit.