65 chris craft supersport.

rockmonkey

Cadet
i just picked up a 65 chris craft 18' supersport. She's rough, but looks like the hull is pretty sound. We'll see, but looks like a good project. Deck is rotten, the front seats are rotten and the motor cover is missing, but thankfully the motor looks to be in nice shape. Some has been resanded, like the back seat and the kick panel under the bow. I have most of the chrome, but missing the window and the bow flag holder as well as the speedometer. I'll post up some pictures. Eventually i'll add some during and after pics, but i have to build a carport first. Im excited to start this project and find some wood and parts for it. Im going to do my best to refinish it according to original specs and options.
2us921j.jpg

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Please do post up some more pictures, we don't see many of these old classic planked hull boats any more.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
WOW!!! You've got a LOT of work ahead! I'll REALLY be locked in to this one!!!!

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Man what a great boat. I will be watching the progress on this treasure.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Looking forward to watching this. I will be doing another 18' CC utility next winter. It is alot of work but fun. The end result is amazing.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Way cool Boat!!!! Very excited to see one of these wooden ones reworked!!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Back in the mid 70's after I got out of the service I went to work for a marina that specialized in wood boats, especially CC's, the 1st winter I was there they did a restore on a 20' HackerCraft. I was amazed to watch them steam bend wood planks. The guy who ran the wood shop was a true old school artist.