5.7 fuel problem

Box616

Recruit
86 searay with 5.7 mercruiser 4 barrell rochester problem at full throttle the engine pulsates like it is not getting enough fuel runs fine at 3/4 throttle problem started after installing new fuel tank the tank was custum built exactly like the original with all the same size vents and pickup tube. new marine fuel pump installed 6 months ago no bypass from vent tube.pulled the fuel filter after run and it is only half full I think insalling a check valve will help that which it is supposed to have anyway.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

johnkc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 5.7 fuel problem

box, what do you mean by "no bypass from vent tube" ? are you saying that the fuel pump doesn't have the yellow tygon{plastic} tube from pump to carb? or that there is no fuel evident in the yellow tube ?

Box616

Recruit
Re: 5.7 fuel problem

that was no fuel in the yellow tube I think I got the problem though we went down the river yesterday about 10 miles away the carb started flooding really bad and shutting off It must of had some trash in the needle valve I kept tapping on the carb and it stopped flooding we cruised the rest of the day with no problems I will rebuild carb now thanks