5.7 black scorpion question

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i cant find the manual for the 5.7 black scorpion. i need to know how remove the plenum. i have removed the bolts from the top and it looks like there are two nuts on front, bottom side. is that all or am i missing something? will i need to replace the gaskets or will i be able to reuse? thank you

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 5.7 black scorpion question

Ayuh,... The Intake is held on by either 4, or 6 bolts along each side, 'n the distributer...

Whether it's 4 bolts or 6, depends on the vintage, 'n heads used...

mkast

Lieutenant Commander

am i missing something will i need to replace the gaskets or will i be able to reuse?

Normally, new gaskets are used to ensure good sealing.

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

maybe im confused on what is actually the plenum. the black cover that the spark arrestor is mounted to and has the scorpion on it? it is a 2005 and i think the black cover had 6 bolts down the center and it looks like two nuts coming off the underside at the front of the motor.

really all im trying to do is get enough room to pull the rocker cover off.

thanks again for the help.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do you have the Merc serial number for the engine handy, nothing is listed by year except aftermarket parts.

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

this site rock, you rock Don. i spent hours last night looking, i like to try to do things my self but i should have saved my self the time and came here first. thank you