4.3 Mercruiser Warning Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlida1

Cadet
Have a 2007 Mercruiser TKS engine. Took boat out friday. no issue. Took boat out saturtday, no issue.

Yesterday took the boat out and got a quick "Beep".. "Beep". Water Temp 165-170, good oil pressure, and lower drive fluid right at the "add line".

Thinking it has to be the drive fluid. Get some at marina and fill up right to the "A" on the "Add line". Boat ran fine rest of the day, no alarms.

Go out this morning, no alarms. Coming back this evening, started beeping on and off again. Seemed to stop when boat slowed down, started beeping again when speed up. Again, water temp good, oil pressure good. Lower unti fluid at same level as yesterday where i filled it up too.

Is there anything besides oil pressure, temp pressure, and gear oil monitor that will make mercruiser 4.3 tks beep?

Appreciate any help i can get.

tomlida1

Cadet
Re: 4.3 Mercruiser Warning Beeping

forgot to mention the boat only has 18 hours on it, so its not been run a lot as well. Guessing that does not matter though

tomlida1

Cadet

Well, called three dealers and the local marina. All said, if oil is fine, water temp is fine, and drive lube is fine, not much they can do for me. The 4.3 is carburator, and not fuel injection so no computer to run codes from.

Im stuck on this one. Going to start checking sensors I guess if no one else has experienced a similiar problem.

Again a 2007 bryant with 13 hours when i bought it, 18 hours now. Ridiculous.

BOAT = Break out another thousand

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

IF you are referring to a continous beeeeeeeep, then those are your options. But the alarm is not caused by what the gauges are seeing. There are seperate "Switches" that close for high temp, low gear lube and low oil pressure the cause the alarm to go off.
If the gear lube is ok, and the oil pressure is ok, and the temp is ok and you can verify the gauges. Then you probably have a bad alarm switch.
Just disconnect each one till the alarm stops. When you find that one, replace the switch.

tomlida1

Cadet

Thanks Don. Thought I had the problem resolved, didn't do it for 4 weeks, then decided to do it again today. Its not a continous beep. Only a "beep", "beep", then it will stop. Sometimes the beeps are longer, sometimes shorter.

Ill start replacing the switches.

It is the "Switches" that cause the alarm right, and not the sending units?

Thank you again.

beautiful dawn

Recruit

I know this is an old thread but I am having the exact same issue on a 2004 4.3 merc. How can I locate these switches and test them? Thank you.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to iboats, but you really need to start your own thread. Read the "Announcement" at the top of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.