3hp Questions On A Carb Spring And The Stator Plate

smeltjr

Seaman Apprentice
JH21E. Looks like a 1966. It does not run, was left with gas and the speed/throttle lever that looks attached to the stator plate does not move.
1. What is the difference in a JW and a JH?

2. I have opened it up and the first thing I noticed is that there is a spring on the choke side of the carb that loks like it is attached to the throttle shaft on the carb is not attached. I will try to attach pics. Can anyone tell me where this goes?

3. The machine has been dug into. The coils are purple and look aftermarket. The throttle lever looks under the stator plate, so I guess it is coming off. I have a spare with brand new coils (green aftermarket) from one of my 1959 QD-20 10hp. Are these all the same and can I use that stator plate? Also, it is obviously stuck? Thoughts why? Lastly the lobed cam that opens the points looks like it may be beat up. Will the QD cam lobe fit?

Attachments

• IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2779.JPG
    IMG_2779.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 3hp Questions On A Carb Spring And The Stator Plate

1. Jw is angled weedless lower unit, JH is conventional right angle drive.

2. The spring closes the carburetor's throttle. My memory isn't good enough to say exactly where it hooks. I'm thinking there is a little nub on the intake manifold for it.

3. The coils are all alike. But no, the 10hp armature plate (you're calling stator) and cam won't fit the 3hp. You will have to get into it to see why it is stuck. Our guessing won't help.