350 Mag Alpha Water Circulation Pump Wobble

ThndrSki

Seaman
Hello all,

I'm really just writing here for some advice on those have replaced their water circulation pumps in the past. I have a 1995 350 Mag Alpha Circulation pump that I can deflect the pulley and shaft almost a few degrees. It wobbles quite a bit to my surprise and I know that means it's time to change before I get left stranded.

Not a problem, was going to pull and sand blast my pulleys anyway to paint them.

The question I have, is this: are those bolts difficult to get out or are they a easy? Are they notorious for snapping? I've already started spraying mine with PB blaster in prep of the repair.

Also, where can I get replacements. Does anyone sell a bolt set for these? Mine are decently rusty.....

They list 3 different bolts on mercruiser's part catalog for my engine serial # (0F594603) and I'm not sure which ones ahead of time. I'd like to have them on hand when I start if possible.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Circ pump bolts for the pully are fine thread 5/16 NF 3/4 inch long ,they usually come out with no problem, same with the mounting bolts.
for the 4 mounting bolts there 3/8 x 16 / NC 2 @ 1.75 1@ 1.50 1@ 2.75

Last edited:

ThndrSki

Seaman
Thanks BT Doctur, much appreciated. Looked up the new part and doesn't seem that bad, time to go through the cooling system and probably replace the thermostat at the same time.