303? Product Giveaway!

eavega

Lieutenant
I'll give it a test. Testing is what I do for a living (of course, I test software, but the principle is the same!)

-E

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Just bought some aerospace 303...I'll try this stuff but I won't have clear vinyl for about 6 weeks.

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Good morning everyone!

I'm including a link to The Ultimate Guide to Caring for Clear Plastic from the Inside Practical Sailor blog below. Strataglass only recommends using products made by Imar, which is a good brand, to care for their windows but 303? Marine Clear Vinyl Protective Cleaner works just as well if not better when it comes to protecting and preserving clear vinyl and plastic. What do you think? What do you use on your Strataglass, eisenglass, or clear vinyl?

http://www.practical-sailor.com/blog/Ultimate-Guide-to-Caring-for-Clear-Plastic-11288-1.html

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not to hijack your clear vinyl thread but I wanted to let the IO guys know that I use the 303 aerospace protectant on my bellows to keep them from being degraded as quickly. I have quite a few hours on the water and the bellows look good as new still. I also use it on my trailer tires, spare cover and trim tab boots.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
20150613_164541_resized.jpg

So i got my product in a week ago! THANK YOU for the opportunity to try it. I did read the post too fast and it says for clear vinyl but I figured what the heck and try it on this seat I have. I got the seat from a friend who garbage picked it and gave it too me. Im not sure if it sat closed too long or something spilled on it but top and bottom have a gluey feel to them. Ive scrubbed with soap and water with no luc and put it away for future attempts or eventual cover for it.

I tried one portion today with limited time with green scrub pad and dry cloth to wipe clean and dry. Limited time due to inside duties with kids while wife goes out for errands. It seems to have had way better results in that short time than the dish soap and water did in the 2 minute trial. Virtually no sticky on the test portion compared to the rest of the seat.

I know this was supposed to be for "clear vinyl". I guess I read to "clean" vinyl. But so far looks promissing for something I thought if dish soap wouldnt fix a cover would have had too.

Im not 100% done with the final cleaning though but it is a good promising start! More to follow when completed.

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Ok went back out already for more. This seat is like new now. I dont think it was even ever used much. But if dish soap didnt get the stick off, im not sure what it was even making it stick together when folded in the first place. No stick anymore and slick and smooth. Almost like a waxed hood.

Its not a clear vinyl review but it worked for me!

Thanks for the chance GE Co!