3.0 no fuel

mischief2145

Cadet
heres the deal///ran boat ( 1992 merc 3.0 i/o) july and it ran great for a week of boating....go to start it today and im not getting any gas to carb...i have gas in tank..changed fuel water filter....now what....if it is a blocked line could i force air through it??

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 3.0 no fuel

See if the fuel pump is pushing first before concentrating on the carb.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

How did you check whether any gas was getting to the carb?

mischief2145

Cadet

no gas getting to carb....and lines from both tank and fuel water sep are dry

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

Either your pump took a dump or there is a restriction at the tank. Is there fuel in the plastic tube running from the pump to the carb? If there is your pump is bad. You need to take areading on the suction side of the pump. If all is fine it.s possible your anti-siphon valve is stuck shut or the pickup is clogged. If it were me I would run it on a remote tank from the fuel pump just to make sure the pump is working.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.... Sounds like a fuel Tank problem,...

Hook up a remote fuel tank to the fuel filter, just before the fuel pump, 'n Try it...

mischief2145

Cadet

up date...was just a clogged fuel pump....must have crap at bottom of tank....cleaned out fuel pump bowl, put on a new fuel water sep filter, and leaned pre filter on carb....and she running like a new..............thanks for all the input guys...........