3.0 hard start when hot

nailem

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just bought a 2002 Auquatron with a 3.0L Mercruiser. It starts instantly when cold but after it has been run it is very hard to start, you have to give it some throttle and it still cranks forever before firing. I guess i shouldn't say hot even if it has sat for 30min or so same problem. when cold i do not have to pump the throttle at all just turn key.

I have checked the timing per procedure for Thunderbolt V and it is at
2* atdc at 700 rpm checked with digital tach.

any help????

BLUEDEUCE

Recruit
Re: 3.0 hard start when hot

Hi, I have the same problem. Mine is a 2008 3.0L. I had a bad desieling problem, so the dealer replaced the thermostat to a 145 from a 175. Since then the desieling problem is gone, but now I have a hard start when warm. It also idles lower than before and stalls at times if left idling.

timfives

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 3.0 hard start when hot

I just bought a 2002 Auquatron with a 3.0L Mercruiser. It starts instantly when cold but after it has been run it is very hard to start, you have to give it some throttle and it still cranks forever before firing. I guess i shouldn't say hot even if it has sat for 30min or so same problem. when cold i do not have to pump the throttle at all just turn key.

I have checked the timing per procedure for Thunderbolt V and it is at
2* atdc at 700 rpm checked with digital tach.

any help????

Did you ever resolve this issue?? I'm having a similar problem

Thanks

Tim