2x4 transom clamps

garzilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can someone please forward me the instructions on how to make a few pairs of these.....thought I saw them on here, but cant seem to find out where....
Thanks.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2x4 transom clamps

sorry....im not sure of that link.

i make mine from angle iron and threadded rod........i use any thru hull i can to bolt the two pieces of angle iron on.....pre coat the threadded rod with pva

garzilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dang....my new transom won't have any holes in it...so I can't use that method.
I suppose there's not any real science that goes into making them now that I think about it....just have to jump in and try.

DustinJean

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The way to make them really depends on the style of transom and hull i did mine by simply just buying 2 2x4's and some allthread and nuts and washers etc. and cut the 2x4's to the size i needed them, then drilled holes in the 2x4 where i needed them to go through the transom then it took me and the wife to mix up some pb and bolt everything to the hull.
But if yours is and outboard boat which it looks to be in your sig. ive seen people use longer 2x4's with a bolt pinching it somewhat close to the hull and a about a foot above with something in between up top to keep it even because if you only pinch it close to the hull the 2x4's will want to make a v so it wont clamp evenly. basically come up with any way possible you can to clamp it as evenly as possible all the way across and you should be ok.

rrumba

Ensign

i believe they were WOG (woodonglass). i know he has them posted on several restos, just don't remember which ones right now.