25 hp Johnson stalling out

newbeewhaler

Cadet
Re: 25 hp Johnson stalling out

awesome info. Thanks for that. wanted to support this site cause its been very helpful. but no choice

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

BTW a 13' whaler with a 25 is a great rig. Hope you get it going soon.

ALso lots of motors don't pee much on muffs.

As others said, sounds like fuel issues (ethanol poisoning)but just in case: I have a merc 20 that would sputter die and cut off when you accelerated. Turns out, when you increased speed the stator parts would physically move under the flywheel a notch. That was moving a frayed wire so it shorted against the motor block. So it was electrical even though it mimicked fuel perfectly.

newbeewhaler

Cadet

Roger that Home Cookin, Thanks I think we're right about the fuel poisoning. Sat a few months with some older fuel in the line. Although it was treated with stabilizer and some sea foam . Still poisoned the carbs. Oh well.

Got the carb Kit. J Dusza you were right on with the part #. The guy that sold it to me STONGLY recommended getting the Johnson repair Book before attempting to do the carb repair kit.

So I've done the water pump, impellar without the book. So far and they all seem to run ok. Yes water is pumping on the muffs, when muffs tight.

Anyone know where I can get a REPAIR BOOK ONLINE for 25 HP JOHNSON?

newbeewhaler

Cadet

On EBAY. REPAIR MANUAL on CD ROM for your computer in PDF format. Just print what you need. and hard copy is on the CD. They are for sale from Canada.

9.99 plus shipping!!

Anybody try one of these?