240 degree temp

sw33ttooth

Chief Petty Officer
so iw as runnign about 3k rpm about 30 mph give or take and about half way across the lake i look down and my temp gauge says 240. i about **** my pants as i shut the motor off, just replaced impellor like 2 weeks ago and this was really making me angry. i pull the cover off the engine hatch and i could hold my hand on both exhust risers, WTF!!! thats not 240 degrees. then after some looking around fiddling with some stuff i start it up and look down my volts guage is at 10 with both batteries on, had a bright idea to turn my gauge lights on and wham! all 5 little gauges go wonky. pull the dash off and looked it over, turnd out i had a loose ground wire.

last fall i towed a boat back to the docks the guy blew his impellor, just wondering if any one else had this problem and got towed back? only to find out it was a dam ground wire popping off.

sschefer

Rear Admiral
Re: 240 degree temp

Two words, "Liquid Tape". Generous coating on all necessarily exposed electrical connections and it'll keep those nuts and screws from backing off over time.