23' 1970 Uniflite Express Hardtop Cruiser - Resto

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice work ! I'll jump on board if there's room !
You could probably redo those seats yourself by using the old ones as a pattern ... There are several members here that have learned to sew here on the forum ..
It's really not that hard with a little practice ...

Rustedbrit

Seaman
Here's what i was thinking. I could build a seat clamshell out of dimensional mahogany and the original hardware (forgive me i used ppt....)

Then use cooler cusions b/c in the event i ever damage one, i can have it from amazon the next day.

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
If the seat is dimensionally correct , the cusions are comfortable , and you can match them with any other upolstrey you will be needing. I say go for it. Myself I always liked the wood and upolstrey look.

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
I like the design of this boat, deep/sharp vee will cut nice. Project is coming along great ! Good luck and thank you for sharing your work.

Rustedbrit

Seaman
Found a great deal on a trailer - Venture Tri Axle. Needs brake work and lights but its not going anywhere right now. Its also a little big for my ship, but the weight parameters are right. Moving the boat to it from the poppet stands was an interesting process...

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Go big or go home, maybe that dont count for trailers. Good find those are hard to get in TN

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
Nice trailer,.. not sure that you'll get the winch mast to come back enough to the bow without some fabricating.

Rustedbrit

Seaman
Sucks having a job other than working on this thing - here some progress i've made in the last month or so.

Pic of one new poly tank - as mentioned before the old tank was galv steel. It was actually a structural deck supporting member, as it was lower and longer than the new tank and sat underneath the plywood hanging in the foreground. I'll have to extend the plywood downward to regain that support.

Rustedbrit

Seaman
Original ice box is a "Marvel". Since its pretty clean i decided to refinish the door

knocked down the rust

Covered with 3m mahogany vinyl (same as helm)

I was also able to save and reproduce the old marvel sicker - prob won't hold up but we'll see...

Rustedbrit

Seaman
Bought a new prop - ebay special - hopefully it will have a good service life left in it.

Old prop (left) is a 14RH10, New prop (right) is a 14LH13. Hopefully the new engine w/ a few more horses can push the extra 3 in.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Those props arent the same rotation, they're opposites.

Rustedbrit

Seaman
Good observation. Old motor was counter rotating (cw), therefore needed the RH prop...New motor is standard (ccw) therefore requiring the LH prop.

G

Just Found this Thread, That's a Uniflite Salty Pup!,

Its the smaller version of the Uniflite (26') Salty Dog. What great boat you have there, she's got quite a hull.!

Big Fan of your boat!