2024 NFL/CFB News and Nonsense

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Goes hand in hand with coaches sitting starters during preseason...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So much for wining 2 SBs with them in the next 5yrs....😂
Kelce retired, no surprise.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I was kinda hoping he'd come play with his brother for a year as a back up but I bet if ours gets hurt he'd come for a few games.

briangcc

Commander
thoughts?
If anyone can control a diva, Tomlin can and has the track record to prove it.

What's up for debate is whether Wilson is still any good. Going off the debacle and reports coming out of Denver....may not be. Time will tell.

Going off what's been reported...what's a league vet minimum to find out if he's totally washed up or has something left in the tank? Seems like smart financial move by Pittsburgh to find out. Not going to cost much if he needs to be benched...again...

FLATHEAD

Commander
thoughts?
Agree with Briangee. I’ll add it’s not a bad move for a one year deal if he can mentor Pickett. Lest we forget Wilson wasn’t always the mediocre player he has been recently. I think Pittsburg needs to work on the O- line to give the kid more time to throw some passes downfield and to open some holes for one of the better backs in the league in Najee Harris.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I don't think that's a good move?

aspeck

Staff member
THis is a good move for Barkley, even if Tiki Barber doesn't like it ... LOL! It gives Barkley an offense to actually work with ... one that he can run and receive without being the only talent on the team. He should be able to stay healthy and put up some decent numbers this year!
This is a good move for Pittsburgh (although I am not sold on Wilson ... has his age caught up with him???). They get a Super Bowl winning QB for $1.2M. He can either perform or he can teach (or both). And truthfully, HE wasn't horrible in Denver ... the team was. His numbers were better than any numbers the Steeler QB's put up. Wilson didn't have a supporting coaching staff or talent. The Steelers have more talent on offense than the Broncos had and they have coaches that will actually work with Wilson. It may be a rebirth of Wilson, or it will be a one year experiment with a cheaper back-up QB than Trubisky or Rudolph..