2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Some think TJ Watt was robbed.

Another Big QB trade?

aspeck

Staff member
Some think TJ Watt was robbed.
I bet GA thinks TJ was robbed! I was hoping as it was announced ... wife got pretty upset that it wasn't TJ. I would have been upset if it was anyone other than Darnold who had beaten out TJ for the honors. Both had good years.

I did chuckle when I saw that Big Ben was second in the balloting for Comeback Player of the Year honors ... never even considered him in the mix. Then I saw the votes ... 49 of 50 for Alex Smith and 1 of 50 for Big Ben. Big Ben might have gotten 1 too many votes ... not because he didn't have a great comeback from his injury, but because Alex Smith's was such an amazing comeback. There was no way anyone other than Alex Smith deserved that award this year!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

It was unarmed robbery!

Who voted for Big Ben as Comeback Player? They didn't watch the 60 Minutes piece or others about his injury and what it took for Alex Smith to get back on the field.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Every great civilzation, society or nation must and will eventually come to an end. One year of sitting on a throne isn't a blip in history. I don't know the guy but there was something about Mahones that never sat well with me. At least he had a year and many athletes can't even say that. If anyone wants to look at what greatness in any occupation is look no further than Tom Brady.

64osby

Admiral
Some potpourri.....

Leon rented a house in town after he had lost his title. A nice neighborhood area, houses worth $300 k at the time, professionals, engineers, doctors, ... as neighbors. He was evicted, then sued and found responsible for damages of about $200k to the property (iirc). Then he landed in Detroit tending bar.

Sad that Don King made so much money off him.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Leon rented a house in town after he had lost his title. A nice neighborhood area, houses worth $300 k at the time, professionals, engineers, doctors, ... as neighbors. He was evicted, then sued and found responsible for damages of about $200k to the property (iirc). Then he landed in Detroit tending bar.

Sad that Don King made so much money off him.
I had a freind that was an oldtimer in the prize fighting biz out of Youngtown Ohio. He always said without the prize fighters they had nothing and the prize fighters got the same.

GA_Boater

A double Wow! Maurkice has said in the past that he would retire when Big Ben hung up his cleats. Questions!

aspeck

Staff member
JJ wants to be reunited with TJ and Derek ... as a Steeler fan, that would be awesome. Get rid, er, uh, let Big Ben retire with Pouncey to add JJ. Who needs and offense when TJ and JJ would be on the same D?

GA_Boater

JJ wants to be reunited with TJ and Derek ... as a Steeler fan, that would be awesome. Get rid, er, uh, let Big Ben retire with Pouncey to add JJ. Who needs and offense when TJ and JJ would be on the same D?

I understand the enthusiasm, but the Steelers would! LOL