2007 Bayliner Recall

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer
I have my 07 185 in for new carpet since when I bought it 2 months ago it had torn carpet and they finally got around to doing the job.

I’m on my way to my dealer to pick up my boat and take it out for a test spin tonight with the new SS Prop I bought.

ANY WAY let me get to the point!

My BAYLINER DEALER tells me there is a manufacture RECALL on the seat pedestals. I have the sport seating on my boat, the buckets up front and bench in back. The SEAT PEDISTALS Are recalled on ALL 07 185 open bow's but I would have to suspect that the line up of 07 boats maybe even some early 08's that have the sports seats and use the same pedestals and are subject to this recall.

If you have an 07 and maybe an early manufactured 08 I would get with your dealer on this. My dealer said they don’t have any info on WHY they are recalling these parts.

As a new BAYLINER owner you will receive paper work in the mail if your boat is subject to recall but I wanted to put the word out since I just got told my boat is one that’s on recall for the seat pedestals less then 5 minutes ago and Id rather you get with your dealer NOW then wait and be suppressed!

Vic

Talked to bayliner today they say the recall is because the seat pedistals are screwed to the deck with inadiquate screws and could potentially pull out if somone big around 200 + pounds is leaning back in the saeat when the boat is at plane speed. I guess there was an incident reported but it sounds to bee the guy was a fat *** and problably shouldnt be in a boat any way.

If your like me and are around 140 lbs it doesnt sound like there will be a problem!