2006 Volvo SX GLP-D 3.0LTR

seventeen2

Seaman
Hello to you all,

Just a quick question regarding the engine flush.
I sit possible to use the flushing port to run up the engine whilst out of the water, instead of using muffs?
The boat has been ashore for eight months now, and due to the expense involved in lifting the boat in and out of the water, I want to make sure everything is ok.
I am a bit nervy of using muffs as the water hose connection is about 50 feet away.

Thanks in advance.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2006 Volvo SX GLP-D 3.0LTR

yes, use full water pressure and at idle only.

CayugaCobalt

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Where is the flushing port located?

Is the main function of the flushing port, to flush out salt water residue from inside engine?

Is there any secondary uses for the flushing port, like flushing out potential debris on a freshwater run boat that has an overheating problem?

seventeen2

Seaman

Hi,

The flushing port is a pipe off of the inlet to the water pump, if you are facing the front of the engine it is on the left hand side and has a blue cap.

The manuel states that it can be used for flushing whilst the engine is running, but I need to run the boat up out of the water and thought i would be ok to use this instead of muffs?

tkrfxr

Petty Officer 1st Class

The flushing system can be used to winterize the engine, while the boat is out of the water. You can warm it up, change the oil, flush it with anti-freeze and drain it....

In the spring, you can turn it on with the hose, check everything, and get it ready....

I also flush with freshwater after every use (boat is in salt).

;)