2005 Angler boats 18' DC

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
Anyone own or have any opinions on this boat/manufacturer? My brother is looking at one w an 05 Yamaha F115 w 75 hrs. He says it's ALL composite and It appears to be in like new condition and well maintained. We are going to test drive it tomorrow. Seller is a co-worker and friend of my brothers and asking 10K with an alum. trailer, new tires, nice bimini and curtains. Any opinions appreciated, and hey y'all, it's been a while since I bothered anybody here! thanks Randy

Last edited:

joe009

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2005 Angler boats 18' DC

i own the 204fk,it is a good high ,dry, stable ride.a lot of boat for the money.go for it

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

115 would be a good size for a 18'; price sounds OK but that's affected by the region and condition.

Wonder why the low hours? that's about 8 hours a year. If it's been sitting you may have some start-up issues such as carb cleaning but that wouldn't worry me. Change the impeller before running it, and be sure the gas in the tank isn't old and untreated, too.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the replies, the owner is letting my brother and I test drive it and claims to have maintained it meticulously, I believe the 05 F115 is a fuel injected engine? The owner has several boats, on is a larger offshore boat which may be why this one has low hours on it. He says it was run 3 times in salt water and flushed afterward. My brother has seen it and says it looks like a brand new boat. The max HP is 140 on this model.

Last edited:

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Sounds like a good deal.The boat is a good quality boat,HOWEVER NEVER BUY AN OUTBOARD WITHOUT DOING A COMPRESSION TEST FIRST.Even if it is low hours.Charlie

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Good point, but isn't a leak down test needed for a 4stroke motor?

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Done...........he test drove and bought the boat. I couldn't make it. He said it was a little slower than he thought it would be, but he also owns a 90s 17' Procraft w a Yamaha 150 that runs 60+

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Angler is a great composite boat. I had a 2004 204FX with a 150 on it. I've been 35 miles off shore in it and it was a stable and dry ride.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

It's not as deep as the 20+ Anglers but it's wide and he thinks it would be OK offshore on a calm day. It was a little windy when he tested it and said it was smooth running. It has a Whale Tail on the LU and it's below the hull w the engine mounted all down. It was only used for skiing and tubing and never for fishing. He said it would cavitate/blowout on plane when he barely trimmed it so we're gonna remove the fins and raise the motor this weekend hoping to get some more speed out of it. Thanks for the replies, I'll tell him when I see him that owners like them.