2004 Mag 350 giving 2 or 3 beeps every minute

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Last Sunday after boating for a few hours my boat started giving what I thought were intermittent beeps. All gauges, fluids, and functions were fine so I unplugged the beeper and enjoyed a few more hours of boating.
This evening I hooked the beeper back up and put the boat on muffs in the driveway and started it up. It starts and idles just fine. I get 2 or 3 beeps about every minute. I know I need to get someone with a code reader to check the codes. My question is, is there any reason I can't run the boat this weekend? It functions just fine. Is there a possibility the ECM would just disable the engine unannounced?
The nearest mechanic to me with a scanner is 100 miles and 2 hours away. I'll be near him around Labor Day weekend and can drop it off for analysis. I'm just not sure what my options are until then.
The boat is a 2004 Rinker Captiva 232 with a B3 outdrive if it matters

Fun Times

Staff member
if desired you could try renting a marine scanner system off of eBay for like a week to see why it’s beeping.

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It must have been the IAC. A replacement from NAPA cured the beeps. It's weird because the boat always did start and idle just fine. I never had to bump the throttle or anything else to get it to start and idel.