2004 150 Mercury Optimax Saltwater w/ white smoke coming out of exhaust when idling

Beachbum75

Recruit
I am hoping that someone can give me some insight into my problem... To start I replaced the water pump last year and have not had a problem til now. 2 weeks ago I ran into a shallow spot that was muddy and the motor started to overheat due to the water flow being clogged. I flushed the motor out as best as I could and it seemed to help a little. There seems to be some white smoke coming from the exhaust when the motor heats up. This only happens when I am idling for a long amount of time The temp will climb to about 160 and then drop to about 135, then continues to got back to 160 and drop. I can actually watch it heat up and then drop when it hits a certain temp. The overheat alarm did sound on me one time and I immediately shut it off. I did not know if I may have damaged the impeller or have something clogged. The white smoke only comes out when the motor seems to heat up. Should I replace the impeller again or start to look in another direction? Thank you for your help!!!